21. juli 2018
Nothing major. In general, I was very satisfied with my stay here. A few small things:
- Aircon rather noisy.
- A more comfortable chair would have been great to sit on the balcony in a more relaxed way.
Nothing that should stop you from booking this hotel though! I'd certainly recommend staying here!
- Beautiful view, especially from the balcony (I think that's the first reason to stay here)!
- Close to walking paths among the rice terraces (I did the loop that first goes to the "Nine dragons and five tigers" viewpoint, then onto "Seven stars with the moon"; the latter was currently closed for maintenance but you can still walk near there and the views are wonderful as well when you're not at an official viewpoint. Someone else recommended downloading the Maps.me app to find the trail. That worked great indeed. Just don't search for this hotel on that map because they put it in a completely different village...)
- Large room with reasonably comfortable beds/pillows and good (though noisy) aircon.
- Spacious balcony.
A final note: it's not easy to find the place the first time (later I noticed a few signs to the hotel around the village, but I didn't find those on the first day). It's hard to explain clearly how to walk here, but this is what I remember:
- From the parking space, go through the ticket check into the lower part of the village.
- Walk straight ahead for a few hundred metres. This is just one straigh street, going slightly uphill but no stairs yet.
- When you come to the end of this line of shops, turn left and cross a bridge over the river.
- Keep following the path. Soon you start climbing stairs. I think at some point there is a fork where you have to keep right.
- When you come to the top of the stairs, turn left (maybe it's more or less straight ahead).
- When you pass a restaurant called "Life" on your left (they have nice food, by the way), you will soon see stairs on your right. Go up these stairs and at the top turn right.
- The street will turn to the left and you will pass a small convenience store on your right. After that take stairs down on your right.
- Go straight ahead, cross a small bridge and after that keep right.